One of my best friends, Sally, has been craving for this B&B Pudding since early raya tapi i ‘sengaja’ tak ambik pot because it’s raya and i don’t have the time to do it for her… well, she never actually ask me to do it, but being a friend with oven.. (kata nabil – lu pikir la sendiri kan…).
But last Saturday, i baked this B&B pudding in return of her favor for fetching me to our friend’s open house (Omar). Alah, sebenarnya tipu, diri sendiri yg teringin jugak… hehheheheheh (konon takmo rasa bersalah la tu..). For me, this pudding is marvellous.. the best from a few recipes i’ve tried before. But i prefer to eat it warm.. kalau makan lepas dah refrigerate, dia keras sket.. tapi kalau makan masa suam, lembut je.. masuk mulut je terus hilang.. heheheh.. i’m gonna make this again next week!!..
8 slices of Gardenia Toast’em bread (i used 10 pcs of normal bread )
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of water (use the same evaporated milk can)
3 eggs – lightly beaten
4 tbsp of sugar
3 slices of cheddar cheese – tear to small pieces
butter (for spread)caramelized sugar (i used 3/4 cup sugar, dissolve over medium heat – no water)
1. Spread caramel sugar to the bottom of the mold
2. Spread butter to each slice of bread
3. Cut bread to triangle shape
4. Arrange bread slice to the mold till finish
5. Pour evaporated milk, water, and egg to the bread. (i combined all b4 pouring)
6. Sprinkle sugar to the mixture.
7. Arrange cheddar cheese pieces in on the top.
8. Sprinkle with raisins.
9. Leave the mixture for 30 min to let the liquid to be absorbed by the bread.
10. Bake at 160C for 20 mins.
* Good to be eaten chill.
Sauce for topping