One of my colleague is resigning, so we had another potluck today… since my mind is fully occupied with dishes for Danisya’s birthday, i really had no idea what to bring today.. thank God i came across this blog – http://zaitgha-dayindayout.blogspot.com/ and drools over her jam muffin.. since it’s pretty easy to make, i decided to whip a batch last nite..
I don’t quite fancy blueberry but that’s the only jam available at home (i think blueberry associates well only with cheese – just my personal taste).. As for taste of this jam muffin – i think it’s more like a cake rather than muffin.. something must have gone wrong somewhere. Perhaps, i have overbeat the batter. I read somewhere that once flour is added to the mixture, one should just mix it lightly. I didn’t “listen” b’coz i thought the batter wasn’t look good.. (hahaha, is the reason justified?). Zaitgha’s muffin cracked and looked like a muffin.. unlike mine… anyway, it is tasty. I’m glad my colleagues said they’re good.
Here’s the recipe which i copied from Zaitgha’s blog:-
140 gm butter at room temperature
120 gm castor sugar
Half teaspoon vanilla
8 tbls fresh milk
200 gm flour sifted with
2 tsp baking powder
Whatever jam you like to use.
1. Heat the oven at 180ºC.
2. Beat butter until soft then add in the sugar and beat again medium speed.
3. Add eggs one at a time, add the vanilla then the milk. Beat till well incorporated.
4. Add in the sifted flour with baking powder and beat slow.
5. Fill half of the muffins cup with the batter, put your favorite jam in about 1 tsp, and top with the batter again
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or do the skewer test.